I am one of those people that used to be always about sweets, and if I am being honest, I still kind of am. My husband and I have a tradition of eating dessert together while watching YouTube, a show, or a movie at the end of the night while we wind down from our long day. What I found out when we started Keto is that when you have a tradition like that, it doesn’t matter how full you are because come that time you are going to crave, and you are going to crave hard! So while our bodies are adjusting or even just because on some nights, the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs are our go-to. One of the reasons I love them is because they only take 5 ingredients.
I currently have a kitchen where I only have one small countertop for a prep area, so trust me when I say you don’t need a lot of space to make this. If you have a Kitchen-Aid mixer or any countertop mixer, you can certainly use it with the paddle attachment, but I found it easier just to use my hand mixer and a medium mixing bowl. Your other two best friends for making this is going to be a rubber spatula and a small cookie scoop. You can undoubtedly portion these out with your hands and a scale to make sure that they are the same portion, but I find the cookie scoop to help save time.
To get started, you are going to cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sweetener until fluffy. For those of you new to cooking terms, this means to beat the ingredients together until they become fluffy. Make sure to pause as needed to scrape down the sides of the bowl with your rubber spatula; this will make sure that the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Now you will add in the vanilla extract and your salt mixing until well combined.
Once that is done, you are going to add in your dark chocolate chips folding to incorporate with your rubber spatula. When everything is done, you are going to take your cookie scoop and portion out your keto chocolate chip cookie dough balls. You will find that you need to remove some build-up from your scoop occasionally. With the scoop that I use and one batch of this recipe, I get 30 of them, which I store in the freezer. Sometimes I’m a little sneak and eat one right away because they are too good not to! From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy!
For when you are craving frozen cookie dough.
- 113g (4oz) Butter, softened
- 226g (8oz) Cream Cheese, softened
- 100g (1/2 cup) Granulated Swerve
- 15ml (1/2 Tbsp) Vanilla extract or 1 bean
- 88g (3oz) Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and swerve until well combined scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in vanilla and salt mixing well.
- Using your rubber spatula fold in the chocolate chips.
- Finally take your cookie scoop and portion into even sized balls and freeze.
- Use a cookie scoop, tablespoon, or a scale to help keep them the same size.
- If you prefer a smoother texture use Confectioners Swerve.